Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Material Rose Tutorial

I love these and recently learned how to make them from a lady in my neighborhood. So here is how! Oh, if you leave a comment I will put your name in a drawing for these lovely roses, become a follower and I you will get your name put in twice!!

Supplies:
material (I used about 48-54 inches in length and two inches wide, but you can use any length to make them as big or as small as you would like)
glue gun
buttons or brads
felt
something to cut the material with; scissors or a material cutting tool


Next, cut your strips and remember the size is up to you. I didn't have 54 inches in one length, so I cut three strips for one flower.


Then fold in half and make a knot at the end of one of the strips



Next, you want to start wrapping and twisting the material around the knot. Twist often to give your rose a more unique look. You will get to the point where you will need to use a glue gun to hold the material in place.




Hubby thought it would be funny to take a picture of me in concentration mode.


When you are finished making it as big s you like, this is what it should look like. You can wrap it tight or make it loose.



Then you will want to cut some circles from felt and glue them to the back of your roses. This just makes the roses look finished and makes it easier to adhere them to your projects. It is optional.



Add some buttons or brads and viola! Look at these lovely ladies!

13 comments:

laterg8r said...

those are gorgeous and with so little material, TFS :D

Michelle said...

love the tutorial, thanks for this....hopefully mine will turn out better this time. haha

melw said...

Gorgeous!! Can't wait to try to make these!! Thanks for the chance to win and I am following now too!!!

*Katia* said...

thanks for this tutorial...

Sande said...

Super...I can't wait to give these a try. Have tons of fabric that I'd love to get rid of. Great tutorial.

sassykymmie said...

Oh my goodness those are soooo cute!!! I can't wait to try these

Connie said...

These are stunning!!! Just beautiful!!!

Larajc said...

so pretty, love these kind, very homey feel to them!

Scrapamum said...

Love these! I just made a bunch too!!!

Barb P said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing the how to's

Theresa said...

Great tutorial! Love these! The buttons add just the right bling!

Patty Lingwall said...

You are just everywhere my friend! I have been wondering how to make these and your blog popped up on google. Thanks for the info. Tell hubby I loved his photo of you. Our fam's need to get together and play.

Jaksa said...

It's my roses

http://www.roses.bigcartel.com/