Monday, October 4, 2010

Scrapbook Daisies October 1st Tutorial

This is a few days late, but I thought I would share anyway!

So, I have been seeing a lot of fabric being used on layouts lately and I thought I would give it a whirl! I love what I came up with and I think you girls should give it a try to.

Decide what you want to create and pick your fabric. I stared off by picking these two, but ended up changing my fabric and my design. So, you will see some changes in my pictures as we go. I cut my design with my Silhouette, but you can use anything you want to create your design, you can even free hand it!





Trace your design on the back of your fabric. Remember you need a front and a back. Then cut them out.





Sew your pieces together. I liked doing it so the stitching was showing. It made my tree a little more unique looking. Make sure you leave an openig so that you can stuff your design.



Then I stuffed my tree and trunk and stitched the openings up. I also decorated my tree and quilted around some of the flowers.





Here is the layout I used my tree on.






So, are you participating in this! Check it out here!
http://www.scrapbookdaisies.net/forums/

I can't wait to see what you girls do!

7 comments:

Jamie Lane said...

Love this!

Clemencia said...

wow! I like this a lot, thanks for sharing, it is awesome!

Sasha Holloway said...

Seriously?!?! Girl that is so cute ..

Samantha Walker said...

This is beyond adorable!

Samantha Walker said...

I'm in Utah too (lehi)...can I ask where in Utah are you? My e-mail is: aroomwithaview@comcast.net Thanks so much. I will have results of the CT on Friday...this has been and continues to be so hard to choose. I love everyone's work so much!

laterg8r said...

that tree is sooooo fantastic, leaves me speechless :D

Chantal said...

I think i'll try to do the tree as soon as I can , it's a real good idea and i like it very much.