Thursday, November 18, 2010

What do you get when you put Samantha Walker and Riley Blake Designs together?

You get this lovely headband! When I saw this material, I knew right away what I wanted to do.

First I cut strips of fabric up.




Then I put a knot in the of the material and began to twist and wrap, securing it with every once in awhile with hot glue so that it would keep its shape.






When I came to the end of the material, I used hot glue to tuck the end underneath the rose.


Here is what it looks like finished! Oh and add some pretty centers too!




Now, to secure it to the headband. Put your roses, in the shape that you would like them on the headband, on some felt or other material.


Then trace around them.


Cut the felt out and glue it to the back of your roses so that they are all secure together!



Cut out a smaller piece of felt. Big enough to overlap the headband.


Then attach the headband to the flowers using the felt to hold it in place.


Now looky here! A beautiful Samantha Walker and Riley Blake headband. Shhh...don't tell. My daughter is getting this one for Christmas!




Check out more of Samantha Walker's Design on her blog and Facebook page!
http://www.samanthawalkerdesigns.net/
www.facebook.com/samanthawalkerdesigns

The material used is Samantha Walker for Riley Blake Designs.

7 comments:

Eva said...

Oh my goodness...this is soooo adorable...love it!!!

Gisèle said...

whoop, wonderful project:-))

Monique said...

LOVE this Seppa!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jenniwren32 said...

This is awesome! What a cool idea!

Jingle said...

I love making these! Yours came out super cute!

Karen said...

So absolutely darling!!!

Jamie Lane said...

LOVE THIS!