Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome to the Samantha Walker Blog Hop!

Wow...these just keep getting better and better. Samantha has a lot of new and fun product arriving in stores for any type of crafter....this women does it all! Check out her website.

You should have arrived from Samantha's Blog, but if you got lost along the way the blog hop starts here or you can see a full list of all the blog participants on Samantha Walker's Blog.

I decided once again to use Samantha Walker's new fabric collection Enchanted Garden. I made this fun banner...perfect for a little girl's room or a fun Spring time decoration! Here are step by step instructions on how I made it!

Supplies you will need:
at least 7 coordinating fabrics for your banner
3 yards of extra wide double fold bias tape
pins, thread, sewing machine and iron

Make a half circle from a piece of paper. The circle needs to be 6 inches by 3.5 inches as seen in this picture. I ended up with a total of 14 banner pieces, two of each fabric.


Trace the circle onto fabric. Make sure you have two sides of fabric and that they are turned inside out. Don't trace your template onto the print side of the fabric.




Next, stitch the two pieces of fabric together directly on the line you traced from your template.


Then cut out your sewn piece of fabrics. Cut just outside the were you stitched.


Turn all of your pieces you have sewn, right side out and iron them so they are flat.




Using your extra wide double bias tape, pin in your banner pieces, spacing how you would like. Make sure to leave a tail at either end anywhere from 9-12 inches.






Then begin sewing your banner together, making sure that attach the banner and bias tape the whole way.


Now, you are done and you have this way cute banner to hang anywhere you would like. Once again, this may end up in my daughter's room. She is going to love that!





Next is the cute and oh so talented Aj. Hop on over and leave her some love. Remember to leave comments on each blog for a chance to win some of Samantha's new Heidi Collection. Also, you will have a chance to win some of Samantha's blank fabric. Check out her blog for details on the winning the fabric or read the message from her below.

Message from Samantha Walker:
I'm running TWO contests this month...one random drawing, one "creative persuasion" contest. I'm asking our audience to help me pick fabrics for Sydney's patchwork Easter dress. I'll choose the comment that has my favorite fabric combo and creative comment that convinces me to use their fabric combo...they win fabric. The other winner is random and wins paper and stickers from my Heidi collection...they get extra entries for each blog they comment on.

19 comments:

Diane said...

Gor-ge-ous!!! I have a love for banners...but never thought to make one with a half circle....love it...I just made a banner for a swap and posted a sneal peek of it yesterday on my blog.....fun to see this one!

Michelle said...

What a great banner, Seppa!!!

Jingle said...

This is SOOO CUTE!!! I love it!!!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

Love the banner! great idea.

michelesscrapycreations at yahoo dot com

mommyof5kidz said...

Lovin' the banner, girl!! Awesome!!!

Rachel B said...

What a very fun and cute banner! I love all the colors!

Karen said...

You are so creative making a printed fabric banner Guiseppa! I think she will love it too So incredibly fun and oh so beautiful!!

Carisa said...

omgosh, i LOVE this!!!! you make it look TOO easy! TFS

Jenniwren32 said...

Fantastic project!

Manhattan Mandie said...

How fun!!! Love it!

Janet Z said...

Your banner is fantastic!

Katja Schneider said...

Great idea! Now to find the time to make one:)

sharon g said...

I so love banners these days. Yours is gorgeous!!!

Jess said...

THANK YOU for showing me bias tape! I have tons of it and never knew what/how to use it!
jgabriel at shaw dot ca

Kelly Sas said...

I love the shape of your banner as I am so tired of the usual triangle banners. Love your fabric choices too! Thanks for the great tutorial!!!

Tara said...

I am loving your project so much Seppa!!Great fabric choices too.

Gisèle said...

oh Seppa, such a wonderful banner:-)) I am soooooooooooo in love with it and you could use it for so many occasions too! I like that it can be recycle over and over!!!

Btrflywmn said...

Love this tutorial, thanks for sharing.

Angi Rankin said...

Wow! What a fun project! I love your banner!!! Thanks for the great tutorial on how you put it together...so helpful! I'm sure glad Jimmi invited me to tag along on this blog hop; I've gotten such great ideas from all of you talented ladies!