Friday, January 6, 2012

I am on Scrapbook Circle's Blog Today!

Meet Jan. GDT member – Guiseppa

Today Scrapbook Circle would love to introduce you to the January GDT member, Guiseppa. Let’s get to know her better, shall we?!


I have been married for to my husband Sam for nearly 14 years. Together we have 2 children and an Angel. Braden is 15, Janica is 13, and my youngest, Sterling, would have been 10. He passed away March 2005 at the age of 3. He struggled with SCIDS otherwise known as “The Bubble Boy Disease.” Although I miss him every day I have been able to cherish and preserve all of the special moments and experiences I have had with him through my scrapbooking. I have been scrapbooking for the last 16 years and in that amount of time I have created over 70 albums and have seen the industry go through some amazing changes.

I have had the opportunity to design for some kit clubs as well as manufactures; Pebbles Inc, Zva Creative, Fancy Pants and designer Samantha Walker as well as guest designer for American Crafts and in March for GCD Studios. I have also had publications in Scrapbook Trends, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook & Cards Today, The Big Book of Scrapbooking Pages, some online magazines and soon I will have my first publication with Scrapbooks Etc. I am so excited to be guest designing for Scrapbook Circle…yummy kits for sure!

What did you like best about the January Kit?
I loved all of the kraft patterned paper inside the kit. It made it so easy to created some fun layouts because the kraft papers. They go so well with everything.

Where do you do your crafting?
I share an office with my husband although, if you ask him, he would say that sharing is not quite the right word for it. He does have a cubby hole in the closet and often reminds me of how little space he has. I can’t help it…a girl needs room for all of her crafty goodies!

Who/What is your favorite person/thing to document in your layouts?
I have to say kids. Whether it is my own kids or my nieces and nephews…nothing gets the creativity flowing as some cute pics of my favorite scrapping subjects.

What do you like to do best when you aren’t scrapbooking?
When I am not scrapbooking, you can often find me outdoors. I love camping, hiking, 4 wheeling and fishing. These activities are the best when I get to do them with my family. We spend huge amounts of time outdoors, especially in the summer.

Here are two of Guiseppa’s projects using the January kit. Amazing work, eh?! I just love her style!

Thanks for joining us this month, Guiseppa!



4 comments:

Kristine Berc said...

Totally love everything you created with the kit!

Michelle said...

Love them!! The kraft looks so well with all of the other stuff!! Your son is getting tall.. taller than you now? :)

Katherine B said...

super cute stuffand congrats for the gig at SBC!!! Their kits do rock!

Milady said...

Melanie here! I absolutely loved this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog :) MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com