Friday, January 27, 2012

Make a cute Valentines banner using new Silhouette Designs!

Have you checked out the Silhouette store recently? If you have...chances are you have seen some of Samantha's new die cuts. If you haven't, well you are missing out. I suggest you check out Samantha's Portfolio.

Today, I have a fun project to share with you I made using Samantha's Ooh La La Collection from Creative Imaginations and several of her new die cuts and some Maya Road envelopes. This Ooh La La Collection is so gorgeous and perfect for Valentines Day and in combination with her new Valentine die cuts, makes for a super cute project. These are the die cuts I used.

Border Hearts

Card Fancy Occasion Hearts
Doily Heart Lace Edge

Card Circle Valentine


Here is my banner!

Do you want to make a Valentines Love Banner like this? So simple and easy, especially when you can cut most of it out!

First off, I picked the die cuts I wanted to use, sized them and then cut them. Again, the ones I used for this banner are above and can be found in Samantha's Portfolio.

For the first part of the banner I used an envelope. I cut the Border Hearts from my Silhouette and adhered lace to the the border and onto the envelope. I also adhered lace to the underside of the envelope flap. I embellished it by adding pearls, hearts, a little key trinket and twine. The patterned paper I used is from the Ooh La La Collection. You can really make this your own and embellish it any way you would like.



For second part of this banner I used Samantha's Card Fancy Occasion Hearts die cut. I then cut the label out (one of Samantha's found here) and used the Love sticker label from her Ooh La La Collection. I added some more hearts and pearls as well.


For the third part, I used another envelope from Maya Road. Behind the envelope flap I added paper from the Ooh La La Collection. Then over the top of the flap I added the Doily Heart Lace Edge die cut. Once again, I embellished with pearls, hearts and twine.



For the fourth part I used one of Samantha's card die cuts, the Card Circle Valentine. I made a rolled rose, adhered lace around the rose and put it in the center of the card. The Romance word is a rub on and paper used to make the rose are from the Ooh La La Collection. I added some more pearls too.


I wanted to use the card as an added touch to the banner, well...as a card too! I label sticker is from the Ooh La La Collection and the title is Samantha's. You can find it here.


For the last part of of this banner, I used another envelope. I added more lace under the envelope flap. I cut the tag out, one of Samantha's found here. I added paper and epoxy stickers from the Ooh La La Collection. I embellished the tag with a lock and key trinket as well as more twine. Then I connected the whole banner by punching small circle holes in all the corners and tying it together with ribbon! Viola... a super cute Valentines Banner!

We would love to see your creations with Samantha's die cuts from Silhouette! You can upload them on Samantha's Facebook Page. Now, to give this banner to someone special!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jingle said...

I love it!

Angi said...

I love all of the pretty elements of your banner. Adorable. :)