Monday, June 25, 2012

Simply Summerific with Simple Stories!


Good Monday morning all!  Guiseppa here and I am so excited to share with you today...an altered project!  Yep...I know I said I am pretty much a layout and card girl, but this Summer Fresh Collection has me wanting to create some fun summery projects.

So, I had this watering can in my closet...collecting dust.  I kept because I knew I would want to use it for something...someday.  Well, that someday has arrived and finally I am going to put it to good use!

Watering can1

Watering can2

I made this fun pinwheels and glued a kabob stick to the back of them.  The water can has foam in the bottom of it, so it was so easy to stick the pinwheels right in.  

Watering can3

I also made this little penndant banner and attached it using baker's twine, to all the pinwheels just for an added touch.  Finally, I added some sun flowers, greenery  and white paper filler to fill the watering can. 

Watering can4

I love how this project just rings SUMMER!  I can use this as a center piece for a BBQ, picnic or just as home decor.  Have you tried making a fun summer project with Summer Fresh...if you haven't, it is the perfect colletion just for that!  Make sure you check out the Simple Stories Blog for all kind of inspiring project for the summer and so much more!  Thanks for stopping by an have Summerific Summer!

Simple Stories Supplies Used:
Summer Fresh Easy Breezy #2408
Summer Fresh County Garden #2405
Summer Fresh Sunshine and Happieness #2406
Summer Fresh 6x6 Paper Pad #2401

2 comments:

Jingle said...

OH, how I love this! So cute and SUCH A great idea!

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Beautiful!