Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spotlighted on Samantha Walker's Blog!


I am so happy that I joined Samantha Walker's team.  It has been about a year and a half since I joined the team.  I have enjoyed every minute of it.  I have been able to broaden my crafty horizons thanks to Samantha...and fabric has been one of those things that I have become more familiar with.  So today, I want to share with you some headbands I made using Samantha's new fabric line from Riley Blake Designs...Saddle Up.


What is so fun about these headbands is that they are reversible!




I have to admit...I am still learning a lot about sewing and I do require a pattern to create my sewing projects, but maybe one day I will be drawing up my own patterns.  I got this pattern from a cute girl named Jessica over at Happy Together...so go check her out!

So, since this is a spotlight post...here is a little more about me!

1. What is your favorite Technique?
Anyone who knows me, knows I have a love for foam adhesive.  I love to create dimension on my layouts.

2. Where did you learn to design?
So, like a lot of crafty ladies in the industry...I didn't go to school to learn any of the crafting and designing I do, I simply developed a love for the craft of scrapbooking, sewing and crafting.  I just dove in with both feet and over the years became better and better at what I do.

3. What influences your design choices?
I am a trend watcher.  I love to see what is new in color and design, not only in the crafting world but all around me.  I get inspiration from clothing, magazines, ads on the TV, and the internet.  I am also inspired by the outdoors.  I love nature on my projects.

4. Who are your artsy inspirations?
I have so many, but I do love Jaime Warren, Leslie Ashe and Susan Weinroth...just to name a few.

5. What do you enjoy doing besides crafting?
I love being outdoors.  You can often find my family and I camping, hiking, fishing, bike riding and four wheeling.  If you can't find me in my scrapbooking room, there is a chance I am doing something outdoors.

Here are a few more interesting tidbits about me!

My name is from a Danish grandmother but is originally Italian.  My Grandmother's Father was a painter and once painted an Italian lady by the name of Guiseppa.  We think he might have had a crush on her because he named all of his children with the middle name of Guiseppa...including the boys! 

A few years ago I decided I wanted to be more healthy and set out to loose weight.  I was successful and lost 65 pounds.  I have managed to maintain my new weight for almost three years now.

I am a carrier of a rare genetic disease called SCIDS, or otherwise known as "The Bubble Boy Disease".  The disease is recessive in me, but can be passed to my children.  I didn't know I was a carrier until I had my third child.  He was a dominate carrier of the gene and passed away when he was three.

Ok...I am a little obsessive compulsive, but I would like to think that everybody has a little bit of that in them.  I find myself rotating underwear, dish towels and things that are commonly used a lot just so they all get even ear. Weird, I know, but I think there are probably worse things to be obsessive about.






2 comments:

Jingle said...

These are gorgeous, Seppa!

Φανή Παπ., Ζωγράφος said...

Very beautiful!!Bravo!!!Kisses.