Friday, April 5, 2013

Beautiful Flower Tutorial using Authentique's Strong Collection


Hey and welcome!  Today I want to share with you a flower tutorial I have used when I want to add a handmade, personal touch to my projects.  

Flowers are a staple in my scrappy stash, but when I don't have the color or  right kind of flower...I make this flower.  Let's get started.  

You will need:
3 two inch flowers
4 one inch flowers
Ink
Water
Glue
Mouse pad 
Glitter Glue or glitter
3 different sized pens or pencils with rounded ends
You can use any size flowers that you would like.  I just so happen to like this size.  I cut mine using my Cameo, but you can use punches too.


I used Dew Drops by Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko.  The flowers are cut from the new Strong collection from Authentique. Next you will want to ink all of your edges and they mist them with water.    When you spray them with water make sure you do a light coat, so they don't tear.  Then you will want to press the centers into a mouse pad or foam mat with one of your rounded pens or pencils.


Next you will want to take the center of your flowers and wrap the petals around the end of your largest pen or pencil.  Use the smallest pen or pencil to do the smaller flowers.  This is what they should look like.  Make sure they are all the way dry before moving on to the next step.


Now that your flowers are all dry, take one of the smallest flowers and roll it between your thumb and index finger, creating a bud.  Open the three largest flowers and one of the small ones, but not all the way.  Then you will want to Glue all of the small flowers into each other and then all of the large flowers.  Make sure you off set your petals to have a fuller look.



After the glue has dried, press the large flowers into the mat with a pen or pencil.  Glue the two flowers together.  When that is dry...pull back the petals very carefully.


I wanted to add a little more to my flowers so I bent each petal, giving it more of  realistic look.


If you would like to have some greenery under your flower, you can do this.  I cut this Gerber Daisy from my Silhouette, inked the edges and then bent them, similar to what I did to the the flower's petals.


Here's one of the best parts in my opinion.  This is where your glitter glue or glitter comes into play.  I used Stephanie Barnard's Sprinkles by Color Box.  I simply added some glue to the tips of my petals and them sprinkled it on.  Viola...finished and oh so gorgeous!


Would you like to see what I did with these fabulous flowers?






I love this and I think it is perfectly okay to add flowers to a masculine collection like Stong.  So, I hope I have inspired you to try something new and add your own personal touch to your projects.  Try this...it's super easy and they really come to together quite quickly.  Thanks for stopping by.

Authentique Supplies:
Strong Collection: 6x6 Paper Bundle,Clever #STR002, Titles & Phrases #STR016, Mighty #STR006, Enduring #STR005, Foundations #STR011, Frames and Corners #STR015 and Elements #STR008

Other Supplies Used:
Ink- Peanut Brittle and Teal Zeal-Dew Drops by IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko, Silhouette Cameo- flowers and leaves; glitter-Stephanie Bernard's Sprinkles by Color Box; wood embellishments- Recollections and Adornit; flowers- Prima














No comments: