Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial using Samantha Walker's Die Cut Tags, Frames and Labels!


Did you know Samantha has so many fun tags, frames and labels in her store? Hi...today I want to share with you a fun way to use those, tags, frames and labels.

I like to think of different ways to use die cuts, so this time...they became the main focus of my layout.  First off, you will want to decided which die cuts you are going to use.  I used Samantha's Artisan Tags Ultimate SetFrame Shape Sets and Label Sheet.  Let's start!

Pick your tags, frames or labels.  You are going to want choose your first one and make it larger than it is.  So, highlight the whole group, right click and select ungroup.  Delete all of them except the one you are going to use.


Now, you are going to want to make it larger. I did this by simply dragging one of the corners out until it was the size I desired.  Mine is 10.400 inches wide and 10.400 inches high.  Once you get it to the size you would like..start cutting.  I am using Samantha's Traditions Paper and it is thick, so I set my blade on 6 and selected double cut. 


This is what it ended up looking like.


I love dimension and I thought if I was going to do some layering, that I wanted to see all the layers.  So, I added foam adhesive to every new die cut.


Next, I selected my next die cut.  I did the same thing with this die cut as I did with the first.  I made it larger to work with the first die cut.  I cut this one at 6.615 inches wide and 6.615 inches high.


I did take the circle out of the middle of this one because I wanted it to be one solid piece.  Next...cut it out.


This is what it ended up looking like.  I used more foam adhesive to make it higher than the first die cut and centered it on top.




Next, pick your final die cut.  Now, you don't have to stop at three layers...you can do more.  I just did three.  For this one, I did the same thing as I did on the first two die cuts.


I made my die cut larger, took out the center oval and cut it out.  I cut this one out at 6.130 inches wide and 4.865 high.


Here is what it ended up looking like.  Once again, I added more foam adhesive to add to my layered look.




Time for embellishing...my favorite part!  I used Samantha's Traditions Collection to make my layout.  Those cute leaves...another die cut of Samantha's called 1 Piece Leaf Cluster.




Thanks for stopping by today and I hope this inspires you to think out of the box when using Samantha's Die Cuts.  Check out Samantha's Silhouette Portfolio to see all of her fabulous die cuts! 




No comments: