Monday, July 15, 2013

A Clear Scraps 12x12 Tutorial!

Happy Monday!  Today I would like to share with you my last project for this month's July Kit.  I was excited to see that I got a 12x12 piece of Clear Scraps Acrylic in my kit.  I know I could probably do a lot with this 12x12 piece, but I decided to create a layout with it and I want to show you how I dressed it up.  Once again, I used the fun All American Collection from Bella Blvd that comes with the kit.  So, here is what you will need.
Your 12x12 piece of acrylic
A heat embossing gun
Your stamps
Some Perfect Medium or Versa Mark
Some embossing powder
Perfect Pearls
A fine tip brush

12x12 acrylic tutorial1
Using Perfect Medium or Vera Mark, apply it to your stamp.  I chose a star because it works well with the theme of the kit.  Once you do that, stamp it onto your clear acrylic.

12x12 acrylic tutorial2

Now, take your embossing powder and sprinkle it over where you stamped and then tap off all of the excess.  I learned that doing one stamp at time and then heat embossing it works the best.

12x12 acrylic tutorial3

Next heat emboss your image.  Make sure you move the heat gun around.  Your acrylic will want to warp a little.  Stop and move the gun away, flatten out your acrylic and then start again until your embossing powder has formed.

12x12 acrylic tutorial4

Take your Perfect Pearls and thin brush.  Dip your brush into the Perfect Pearls.  Just get a little on the end.  Lightly dab the Perfect Pearls in the negative space of the stamp.  You don't need a whole lot.

12x12 acrylic tutorial5

Lightly mist water over the top of the stamped image that has the Perfect Pearls in it.  You don't want a puddle on your acrylic.  I used a Mini Mister.  Then let it air dry.  The Perfect Pearls will set up and stay on your acrylic.

12x12 acrylic tutorial6

This is what it will look like.  I did this all over my layout to create the desired effect I wanted.

12x12 acrylic tutorial7

Here is my layout!

12x12 acrylic tutorial8

12x12 acrylic tutorial9

12x12 acrylic tutorial10

12x12 acrylic tutorial11

I just love the effect it created on my page.  You should try this.  It's so fun to play with all the endless possibilities of acrylic!  Make sure you check out the Clear Scraps Kit Club Blog to see how you can grab this kit! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: