Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Clear Scraps Layout and a Card!

Hey...it's my last post with the September Kit and I have really enjoyed creating with it.  I have two projects to share with you today.  So, first off...

A layout using the Extra Large Cupcake and Farm House Paper Company's Country Kitchen Collection.  So, I thought I had a bunch of pictures of my daughter eating her birthday cupcakes, but apparently I have scrapped them all.  So, you get to meet my handsome son Braden and his Mud Pie Ice Cream Cake.

To create this fun layout, I covered the bottom of the cupcake in patterned paper by tracing it.  I then used acrylic paint around the edges of the the cupcake.  To make the little polka dots, I used my embossing stylus and dipped it into the paint.  Simple!

Birthday ice cream cake1

That cute title and banner...my Silhouette!

Birthday ice cream cake2

I also cut the cherry out with my Silhouette (this machine is my scrappy best friend).

Birthday ice cream cake3

I also added journaling to the bottom of the cupcake.

Birthday ice cream cake4

Birthday ice cream cake2

Now for my card.  Remember in my last post I told you that I was using the chipboard from the Acrylic Recipe Stand Kit.  Well, this is what I did with it.

I made a card out of it by putting holes in the chipboard and tying the two pieces together using ribbon. I cut out the gorgeous flowers using my Silhouette.

For you card1

For you card2

I left the inside blank so that I could customize it for that special someone.

For you card3

That's it!  I hope you have enjoyed my project this month.  Have fun creating with the September Kit and if you don't have it yet...get it at the Clear Scraps Store.  


No comments: