Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Celebrate Clear Cupcake Tutorial!

Happy Tuesday all!  Today I want to share with you how I made this fun clear cupcake.

Cupcake tutorial12

I was so excited when I got my September Kit in the mail.  This is a gorgeous kit fun of Clear Scraps goodies and paper from Farm House Paper Company...the Country Kitchen Collections.

First, I chose a die cut from my Silhouette library.  It was about a 12x12 cut.  Now, you don't have to have a Silhouette to do this, you can use a cut from any other die cutting machine or cut out one using a stencil.  This is what it looked like after I was done cutting it out.  You want to make sure it is nearly 12x12 inches because the cupcake I used was the Extra Large Cupcake.

Cupcake tutorial1

Next, you will want to turn your die cut over, lay your cupcake on top of the die cut and trace out the top part of the cupcake.  Since my die cut is a honeycomb die cut, I only made marks where I could.  Make them dark enough so you can see them.

Cupcake tutorial2

Take a ruler and mark where the top of the cupcake ends and the bottom begins.  Then remove the cupcake and using your ruler again, make a straight line from one end to the other.  Cut the bottom of the cupcake off then cut all of the areas that you marked when tracing the top of your cupcake.

Cupcake tutorial3

This is what is should look like when you are done.  Adhere your die cut to the cupcake.

Cupcake tutorial4

Now for the bottom part of the cupcake.  Once again you are going to do some tracing.  Line up the bottom of the cupcake on your paper and trace...easy:)  Then cut it out and adhere it on.

Cupcake tutorial6

Cupcake tutorial7

Cupcake tutorial8

Let's decorate!  I took some strips of paper and make some accordion folds.

Cupcake tutorial9

I then sewed down the center of my accordion strip so it would stay folded.
Cupcake tutorial10

I then adhered it to my cupcake.  I also used the the negative parts of my honeycomb die cut and glued them to various parts of the top of my cupcake.  I cut out a rosette using my Silhouette and a title and added it as well, but you are more than welcome to decorate your cupcake the way you would like.

Cupcake tutorial11

Cupcake tutorial13

Cupcake tutorial12

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun with your September Kit.  If you don't have it yet, you can find it at the Clear Scraps Store.  Later:)

No comments: