Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Clear Scraps Spooky Banner Tutorial!

Happy Friday all my Clear Scraps friends!  Today, I am up on the Clear Scraps Creating Made Easy Kit Club Blog with a banner tutorial, but I want to share it here with you today  This fun and simple banner, perfect for that added touch to your Halloween decor or party!
In the October Kit, we received the beautiful Steampunked Spells Collection from Graphic 45 and Clear Mini Bat Album.

CSMNbat-2

I decided I wanted to do something different with these bats instead of making a clear mini album with them.  The Steampunked Spells Collection came with these cut apart 4x6 cards, so I combined the two to make a banner.  Let's get started.
Here are your supplies: the 4x6 card paper, black Stazon Ink, your clear acrylic bats and some stamps of your choice.  I chose these gears because this paper collections had a lot of gears on the patterned papers.

Bat banner1

First, take the plastic coating off your bats on both sides.  Ink up your stamp.

Bat banner2

Decided where to lay your first impression and press down evenly and lift back up.

Bat banner3

As you can see, I made several ink impressions on this bat using two different gear stamps.  I randomly inked the bat.

Bat banner4

Here are all of my bats.  I used three, but you can use more for a larger banner.

Bat banner5

So, because these bats are originally a mini album, they will have one hole punched in the corner.  I punched another hole into the other side of the bat.  So, now you have two holes.

Bat banner6

Next, pick out your 4x6 cards you want to use in your banner.  I chose four, but once again, you can have more for a larger banner.

Bat banner7

Punch a hole in the corner of your 4x6 cards and attach the bat to the card using some twine or ribbon, whatever you would like to use.  Do this with all the parts of your banner.

Bat banner8

Bat banner10

This is what it should look like when it is finished.  Simple huh?

Bat banner9

Have fun and get creative with it.  Dress up your banner or keep it simple like mine. Thanks for stopping in and I hope you enjoy your October Kit!


No comments: