Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Clear Scraps Spooky Halloween Door Hanger

Halloween is getting closer and if you haven't completed all of your Halloween crafts yet, here's one that is super easy and so cute.  Today I would like to share with you a quick way to make a Halloween door hanger.
First you want to start off with a 12x12 piece of patterned paper of your choice.  Cut it into 6 strips, each being 2x12 inches.

Halloween door hanger1
I want to accordion fold these strips, so I used my Score-Pal to measure and score, making the folding much easier.  I scored every half inch.  If you don't have a scoring tool, you can measure with a ruler, mark and fold.
Halloween door hanger2
Here you can see the scored lines.
Halloween door hanger3
Next accordion fold your strips by folding on the up side then again on the underside.
Halloween door hanger4
Here is what it should look like.
Halloween door hanger5
Here are all of my strips...all accordion folded.
Halloween door hanger6
Halloween door hanger7
Next attach and adhere all of your accordion folded strips together.
Halloween door hanger8
Halloween door hanger9
Adhere the two ends together to form a circle.
Halloween door hanger10
Cut out two circles one 4 inches and the other 3 1/4 inches.
Halloween door hanger11
Next, turn over your accordion folded circle and squeeze it together and adhere the larger 4 inch circle to the back.  This will keep your accordion circle together.
Halloween door hanger12
Turn it back over to the side you intend to use as the front and adhere the smaller circle.  By the time this drys, it should hold together nicely.
Halloween door hanger13
Next I used a doily to cover up the circle. You could put anything you would like on yours.
Halloween door hanger19
Next I picked a couple of Clear Scraps acrylic shapes to go on my door hanger...the Large Star and the Mini Clear Bat.
Halloween door hanger14
Next, I cut out a star using my Silhouette.  I wanted this to go on top of my clear star.  The cut was 5 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches.
Halloween door hanger15
I adhered it to my acrylic star and inked the edges with black StazOn ink.
Halloween door hanger16
Using more black StazOn ink and a sponge, I colored my bat.   I wanted a cloudy look to the bat, not a straight black look.  So, by using the sponge, I achieved that.
Halloween door hanger17
Halloween door hanger18
Now to finish up!  I added my star and bat using a little foam adhesive for dimension.
Halloween door hanger20
I also added this chipboard title on the bat, but you can add whatever title you would like.
Halloween door hanger21
Halloween door hanger22
Halloween door hanger23
How fun is that?  I love the fact that I can dress up my Clear Scraps Acrylic shapes anyway I want.  Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have fun crafting your Halloween with Clear Scraps!  Check out the Clear Scraps Website to see all of their amazing products!

1 comment:

krafting kelly said...

Very cute! That's a great trick with the bat.