Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Clear Scraps Coaster Tutorial!

Hey all...happy November!  Today I would like to show you how to make some cute Fall coasters...perfect for gifts or just for you to have around.
In the November Kit I recieved some 12 x12 acrylic sheets.  What is so wonderful about these sheets is that you can use them to make custom acrylic projects.  So, I chose to make the coasters...here's how!
CS12PAGE-2
Gather your supplies.  I have here some patterned paper from the November Kit...Echo Park's Reflections Collection, 1 12x12 acrylic sheet, alcohol inks, a dabber, Glossy Accents and a ruler.  I also used some Stazon Ink and 2 stamps not shown in this picture. 
Coaster tutorial1
First off, I peeled of the plastic coating on my 12x12 acrylic sheet.  I then measured  and cut out 4 4x4 pieces of acrylic.
Coaster tutorial2
Next, using my alcohol inks and dabber tool, I added some of the inks to my felt pad on my dabber. 
Coaster tutorial3
I just dabbed the dabber all around the 4x4 piece of acrylic and this is what it ended up looking like.  Each one of my coasters ended up looking different.
Coaster tutorial4
I then cut out 4 pieces of patterned paper measuring 4x4 inches, the same as the acrylic pieces.  
Coaster tutorial5
I then applied Glossy Accents to the same side I put the alcohol inks on and smeared it around with my finger.
Coaster tutorial6
I quickly adhered my patterned paper piece.  Do this fast because the Glossy Accents dry fast.
Coaster tutorial7
In my final step I stamped on the front of the coaster using my Stazon Ink.  This added a little more dimension to my coasters.
Coaster tutorial8
I wrapped some raffia and added a cute tag from the paper and stickers from the Fall Reflections patterned paper.
Coaster tutorial9
Fun idea huh and what a cute little gift to give around the Thanksgiving Holiday! Thanks for stopping by and make sure you pick up your November Kit at the Clear Scraps Store!

No comments: