Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall Family Home Decor with Clear Scraps!

Yikes...I can't believe we are already into November.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Today I would like to share with you cute way to use your Clear Scraps Acrylic to make easy home decor...perfect for some family Thanksgiving gifts or crafts.  I am using the November kit from Clear Scraps.  In this kit I received the XL Word Title FamilyClear Frame and the Fall Reflections Collection from Echo Park.
CSLTfamily-2
CSAFRsrecrec-2
To make this I peeled off both sides of the plastic on the acrylic shapes.  I used an off white acrylic paint as painted both the frame and title.  I did two coats.  After it dried I used a leaf stamp and stamped all over the title and frame.  I used regular chalk ink because I had painted on the acrylic with paint making it fine to use other inks.  I randomly stamped all over the two shapes.  There was no method to how I did this.  I wanted to look uneven and a little old so some of my stamping in dark and some is light.  I attached metal wiring to the "F" and "L" to be able to hang it up and then to the bottom of the "A and "I" to connect the title and frame together.
Family wall hanging1
I added some stickers from the Reflections Collection and some raffia for a Fall look.  Oh yes, a family picture too.
Family wall hanging2
Family wall hanging3
Thanks for stopping in and I hope you are enjoying your November Kit!  If you haven't got a kit yet...check out the Clear Scraps Store!

No comments: