Monday, January 13, 2014

A Silhouette New Release...Washi Paper!

Hello, today I am so excited to share with you one of Silhouette's new releases for Winter CHA 2014...Washi Paper!  The second I cut this paper, I fell in love and you will too.  Let me show you how to use it.

washi1

First off pick out the shape you would like to cut.  I used the Assorted Heart Set for my layout.  Make sure your blade settings are set on the setting for Washi paper which is a blade setting of 1, a speed of 7 and a thickness of 17.  Then simply cut it out like you would any other shape.

washi tutorial_1


Next, peel it off.  It should just peel off like a sticker and the backing to the Washi Paper should stay on the mat.

washi5
washi6

Finally, simply lay it down onto your project.  It is plenty sticky and is also very forgiving, so if you need to peel it up to fix it...you can.  

washi7
washi8

That's it! It's so easy.  The New Year has defiantly started out awesome with this new product.  Give it a try.  Here is a look at some details of my layout.

washi2

washi3

washi4

Thanks for stopping in and make sure you are checking the Silhouette Blog everyday because there are many more fabulous releases from Silhouette!


Shapes:

No comments: