Saturday, February 15, 2014

Clear Scraps New Mixers...with a Tutorial!

Hey good morning Clear Scraps fans!  How have you enjoyed seeing all the projects with Clear Scrap's new products? Love them...right?
Today I would like to share with you an easy tutorial using the new Wire Mixer.  
CSMIXwire-2
The new Mixers are awesome.  they can be used as a mask, as a clear embellishment  and the negative space can also be used as a mask on your projects.  I used mine as a mask.  Now, just to let you know, I left the clear plastic film on my Wire Mixer so that I could use it again as a clear embellishment...getting the most out of my acrylic!  Here is what you need:

Perfect Pearls
Brush
Versa Mark
Molding Paste
Spatula
Paper
Wire Mixer
Perfect pearls tutorial1

Lay your Wire Mixer where you would like it.
Perfect pearls tutorial2

Using your spatula, spoon out some molding paste.
Perfect pearls tutorial3

Start applying and fill in all spaces.  Repeat steps if you want to apply on more than one place on your project.
Perfect pearls tutorial4

Make sure you let it dry completely.  You can use a heat gun to speed up the drying process.  
Perfect pearls tutorial5

Next, grab your Versa Mark and dab and press down lightly onto your masked image.
Perfect pearls tutorial6

Sprinkle on your Perfect Pearls.
Perfect pearls tutorial7

Use your brush to dust off the excess.
Perfect pearls tutorial8

It will leave a shimmery finish.  The molding paste gives it texture and dimension too.
Perfect pearls tutorial9
Here is a look at how my layout turned out.
Perfect pearls tutorial10
Perfect pearls tutorial14
Perfect pearls tutorial15
Perfect pearls tutorial11
Perfect pearls tutorial12
Perfect pearls tutorial13
How fun..right?  I love these new Mixers and I hope you will too!  You can find them in the Clear Scraps Store! Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

Gisèle said...

Holy smack, that is awesome!!!

Sandi said...

That is pretty cool! Thanks for showing me how to do that!