Friday, February 14, 2014

Doodling with Silhouette Sketch Pens

Hello Silhouette fan!  Today I would like to share with you a way you can doodle on your layouts using the Silhouette Sketch Pens.  Did you know that you can use just about any shape in the Silhouette Store and sketch it out instead of cut it out?  Yep...not just the shapes made for sketching can be sketched! Well, believe it or not I just recently discovered this.  Yep, I know.  Some of you may have already have known this.  I created a layout with a few simple doodles on it.  I will show you how.  Now, you can be as detailed with this as you would like and put as many as you want on your project.  Here is what I did.
silhouette pens_doodles9
First off, you will want to decide on the shapes you want to use on your layout.  Start designing your layout by adding all of your shapes onto your page in the Silhouette Software.  Make sure you create a spot for your pictures.
silhouette pens_doodles1
Next, open up a new page in your Silhouette Software.  You will want to refer back to your designed page layout because you are going to use that to help you insert your doodles.
silhouette pens_doodles2
Start off adding in the first doodle (when I say doodle, I mean shape) you want on your page.  I am doing all my doodles separate because I want to make them different colors using the Sketch Pens.  I am also referring back to my first designed page I created to see the design I created.  I am am adding the circles first.  Make sure to remove the shapes that you created to mark where your pictures will be.
silhouette pens_doodles3
Now choose your pen color, select Silhouette Sketch Pen and then press cut. 
silhouette pens_doodles4
Now refer back to your first page where you created your designed layout and add you next doodles.  If you want, you can actually cut and past them in.  Change the color of your pen for the new doodles.  Make sure you delete your first doodles.  In my case, it is the circles.  Also, do not remove your mat from the Silhouette machine.  You want to try and keep everything in place like your first designed layout.  
silhouette pens_doodles5
silhouette pens_doodles6
Add in your next doodle.  You can have do as many as you'd like.  Just repeat the same steps.  Copy and paste the doodle from your first design and then add it to your new page referring back to your first design to make sure your place them in the correct place.  Once again, erase the last doodle you sketched and add the new ones.  
silhouette pens_doodles7
silhouette pens_doodles8

 Here are some close ups.
silhouette pens_doodles10
silhouette pens_doodles14
silhouette pens_doodles11
silhouette pens_doodles12
silhouette pens_doodles13
Have fun....see what you can come up with.  It is okay to experiment.  That is how we learn and eventually see what we like the best.  Thanks for stopping in today!
Shapes Use:










No comments: