Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Clear Scraps Glossy Accents and Glitter Tutorial!

Today I would like to share with you a fun way to make your Clearly Accent Shapes sparkle. In your kit, you should have received the Clearly Accent Shapes Sewing.  They look like this:
CSAEsewing-2
Let's start...this is what you will need.
Your Clear Scraps Shapes
Mod Podge
Glossy Accents
Glitter
Sponge Brush
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial1
First off, remove the clear, thin plastic coating on your shape. Then cover the whole shape with Mod Podge, making sure you get good coverage all over.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial2
While the Mod Poge is still wet, cover your whole shape with glitter and then shake off the excess.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial3
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial4
This is what it should look like.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial5
Grab your Glossy Accents and cover the whole shape with it.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial6
It will look like this when you are done.  Glossy Accents takes awhile to dry, so be patient.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial7
I did this to all of my shapes and used different colors of glitter.  The Glossy Accents helps to seal the glitter on.  No mess.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial9
I used these shapes to accent this cute box I made from a Silhouette cut.  As soon as I saw the March Kit, I knew I wanted to create something about my dear Grandmother Ruth Steiner, who passed away a month and a half ago. She was an avid sewer and crafter.  I wanted to use this box to hold pictures of her until I collected enough to create an album about her.
Glitter and glossy accents tutorial8
You can use your Sew Clearly Accents shapes and this tutorial to dress up any crafting project.  This kit came with the Sew Lovely Paper Collection from Carta Bella. Thanks for stopping by and if you haven't got your hands on the March kit, you can find it in the Clear Scraps Store!



No comments: