Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Clear Scraps Tutorial using Clear Acrylic as a Canvas

Good morning Clear Scraps fans!  Today I would love to share with you what I created with some of Clear Scraps XL Scallops Shapes.
Clear canvas tutorial7
I really love the idea of creating a canvas type project and I thought why not use some clear acrylic?  It is a nice, solid surface to work with, so let me show you what I did!

Gather your supplies:
XL Clear Shape
Thickers Letters
paint brush
acrylic paint
Clear canvas tutorial1
Remove the plastic coating of both sides of your XL shape.  Using you Thickers Letters, lay them on the acrylic shape where you would like them.
Clear canvas tutorial2
 Start painting, covering the whole acrylic shape as well as the letters.   I did two layers of paint.
Clear canvas tutorial3
Clear canvas tutorial4
Clear canvas tutorial5
Optional: When your paint is dry, add a layer of Mod Podge to seal and keep the paint from coming off.  I aslo got to thinking, you could also add some modeling paste for added dimension and texture and then paint over that as well.  This acrylic is perfect for that type of project.
Clear canvas tutorial6
Now it's time to embellish!
Clear canvas tutorial7
Clear canvas tutorial8
Clear canvas tutorial9
Clear canvas tutorial10
Thanks for stopping in and have fun...get creative!  There is so much you can do with Clear Scraps Acrylic!  Make sure to check out the Clear Scraps Store to find all of your favorite Clear Scraps products!


No comments: