Thursday, June 5, 2014

Silhouette Heat Transfer Fabric Interfacing tutorial!

I love to use fabric on my layouts.  Fabric adds a whole new look and dimension to paper projects. Guiseppa here and I have an easy peasy tutorial to share with you!  I'm making these gorgeous rosettes!  You can use whatever shape you would like with Heat Transfer Interfacing, but today I will be showing you how I did it with these rosettes.

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial7

First off you will want to pick out your shape from your Silhouette Library.  I chose the 3d Lori Whitlock Rosette.

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial1

Next, I cut out a piece of Silhouette's interfacing (the clean cut kind) about one inch larger than my shape and ironed it on to my fabric with the rough side of the interfacing on the back my my fabric.  Make sure you iron evenly for about two seconds and have your iron set on the on for the type of fabric you are using.  Then cut your fabric so that it is even with the interfacing.  Remove the interfacing from your fabric and lay it on your mat with the interfacing down.

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial2

Cut out your shape and when cutting, make sure you don't have your fabric under the CAMEO rollers, it may cause bunching.  I am using a thin cotton so my cut settings are fro Fabric- thin like cotton with a blade setting of 3.  Make sure you have a separate blade and mat just for fabric. Silhouette does offer a blade for fabric, making it easier to tell the difference between your paper and fabric blades.  

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial3

Since I used a rosette shape, I want to shape mine into the rosette.  I used the perforated lines in this shape and gathered it together.  I adhered the ends together to help keep it in a circle shape. To help keep the whole rosette together, I hand stitched the very center of the rosette by inserting the thread and needle through all of the gathers.  

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial4

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial5

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial6

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial6

I love the fact the the interfacing stiffens up the fabric, making it very workable for paper projects.

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial8
heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial11

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial9

heat transfer fabric interfacing tutorial10

Thanks for stopping and I hope you give interfacing a try.  Have a wonderful day and happy cutting!

Shapes Used:








1 comment:

Aline Marengo said...

This layout is very beautiful!