Monday, March 16, 2015

A Carta Bella Die Cut and Gelato Tutorial!


Did you know that Carta Bella sells the designs you find in their paper collections?  Yep, they are in the Silhouette Store.  I love die cutting and using my Silhouette Cameo and finding new ways to use them.  This time I used Gelato’s. Let me show you how!

Gather the supplies needed:
Gelato’s
Brush
Water in a dropper bottle


Start with the lightest colored Gelato and rub it on a craft mat or paper plate (something that won’t absorb liquid)


Add a very small drop of water and mix with your brush.  You can always add more water if needed, but it’s always safe to start out with small amounts.


Brush on the first layer and then add the second and third Gelato colors.  Layer them by Overlap the colors just a little bit.


Pick out the title you would like to use.  I used Carta Bella’s ‘Boys Make the World Go Round’ found in the Silhouette Store.

I only wanted the title part, so using my Silhouette Software. I ungrouped and deleted the gears.  Then I sized my title by dragging the small box in the corner outward.

Next, cut out the title and adhere it to the paper Gelato background.  As you can see, I used the negative part of the title.




Here are some close ups of my layout.  I used a few more of Carta Bella’s die cuts found in the Silhouette Store.





Thanks for stopping by and make sure you are checking out Carta Bella’s designs in the Silhouette Store and the Carta Bella Blog have fun creating wonderful things!

Carta Bella Supplies:
Carta Bella Silhouette Designs Ahoy there Labels

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I always enjoy your projects, thank you! I love projects done with negative space, but never think to do it myself until I see something with this technique. Thank you for the motivation!