Monday, May 4, 2015

Carta Bella Designer Die Shaker Card Tutorial



I get so excited every time I get new die cuts from Carta Bella.  I immediately start brainstorming what I would like to make with them.  Today I am going to share with you how I made this adorable shaker card using Carta Bella’s  and Echo Parks’s new Designer Dies, Phrases #1 and Summer Sun.

First let me show you the supplies I used.  Now, you can make your shaker card using other dies from Carta Bella or Echo Park; just follow the tutorial to create your own.

Supplies:
Carta Bella and Echo Park Designer Dies
3 pieces of cardstock measuring:
            1 @ 5 ½ x 11 inches (score in the middle at 5 ½ inches)
            2 @ 5 ½ x 5 ½ inches
Washi Tape
Foam Tape Adhesive
A piece of transparency or clear plastic big enough to cover the size of the die cut shapes
Beads or Sequins



First, I laid my dies down on one the 5 ½ x 5 ½ piece of cardstock.  I used the washi tape to keep the dies in place.



I then ran it through my manual die cutting machine and this is what it ended up looking like.



Then I used liquid glue all around the die cut images and glued on my pieces of clear, thin plastic.



Next using the foam tape, I adhered around the die cut images making sure to have all corners flush so that none of the beads could get out.  I decided I wanted my card to have a little more dimension put on two layers of the foam tape.  After I went around the images, I went around the whole 5 ½ x 5 ½ inch square.



I pealed off the back of the foam adhesive and added my beads.



Next I laid down a couple of different pieces of patterned paper and put them over the die cut images.




I adhered the last piece of 5 ½ x 5 ½ cardstock to the back.



Finally, I embellish my card and adhered it to the scored 5 ½ x 11 piece of cardstock.  Here are a couple of close ups.




Thanks for stopping in and I hope you find time try this out and use some of those adorable Designer Dies from Carta Bella and Echo Park! Make sure you are stopping by the Carta Bella Blog to see that latest projects to inspire you!

Carta Bella Supplies:

Echo Park Supplies:
Designer Dies Phrases #1 Die







2 comments:

Betsy said...

Great work! Really awesome.

Marilyn said...

I always enjoy making shaker cards and let me just say how much I enjoyed yours! You've got me thinking ... I need to make some shaker cards! LOL!