Friday, May 22, 2015

Memorial Day with Carta Bella!

Besides honoring those who served and died for our country as well as loved ones who passed before us, on Memorial Day, our family does love to get together for a BBQ.  I thought these oh so cute fortune tellers would make a great Memorial Day table decoration for our BBQ’s.


I frequent Pinterest as most do and I came across a project similar to this and I wanted to give it a go, so I've created this easy to follow picture tutorial for you!

Cut your patterned paper into 8 inch squares.  You can really do whatever size you’d like, but this the size I picked. 

I used my Score-Pal and scoring bone for some of this tutorial, but you don’t have to use one.  You can simply fold by hand, after all isn’t that how we did it as kids?


When you have a completed fortune teller, turn it upside down and now you have a fun container to hold treats to put on your BBQ picnic tables when you have that Memorial Day BBQ.

After you have pierced a hole in the center of the upside down fortune teller, insert a shish kabob skewer down the hole.  Stick it all the way through so the skewer touches whatever it is sitting on.  This will help it to stand up.


Make adorable tags using Carta Bella’s or Echo Park’s Silhouette Designs, Designer Stamps, Designer Dies and Element Stickers.  My supply list is at the bottom of this post so you can see what I used to create the tags.




Finally, fill them with some sweet treats.  Use these cuties to adorn your Memorial Day picnic tables or around your home.  When you are done using them, you can give them to the kids and let them make use them as fortune tellers!


Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have enjoyed my project and I hope it inspires you to create something fun for Memorial Day!  Make sure you are frequenting the Carta Bella Paper Blog for more inspiring projects by the design team!


Carta Bella Supplies:

Echo Park Supplies:
Designer Dies Phrases #1 Die
Echo Park Silhouette Design US Map

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I love your attention to detail, your decorations are amazing!