Friday, August 7, 2015

Fall Home Decor with Carta Bella!


I love simple, easy projects and today I have one a project for you that is just that.  today I am going to show you how I made these adorable 3x4 wood blocks using the new Fall Blessings Collection.

To start off, I bought these already cut 3x4 wood blocks at a local craft store, but you can use regular wood pieces and cut them down to the size you’d like.  You can actually use any size you want, but I liked this size.


Next, you will want to cut out your pieces of patterned paper according to the size of your wood blocks.  The new collection, Fall Blessings, come with 3x4 Journaling cards as well as 4x6 Journaling cards, so you can use those if you’d like.  I cut my 3x4 pieces of paper out using the 6x6 Paper Pad because I wanted to add Designer Dies and Stamps on mine.


Adhere your pieces of patterned paper to your wood blocks and sand the edges for a finished look.  You don’t have to sand your edges, I just like the way it looks. 


Now, pick out the Designer Dies and Stamps you’d like to use to embellish your blocks.  At the end of this blog post, I listed the supplies I used to make mine.


Here are some close ups of my embellished blocks!



Thanks for stopping in and I hope I have inspired you to get crafty with one of Carta Bella Paper’s newest paper collections.  I just wanted to also give a big thank you to the Carta Bella Paper Team and all of the fans that have supported me.  It has been fun creating for a wonderful company.  This is my last post with the 2014-2015 team and it has been a real pleasure!

Carta Bella Supplies:

No comments: